Saturday, May 3, 2008

I guess I should blog some

Well, I've never been much of a blogger but I figure now is a good time to start.
Life has been crazy busy. Many who are close to me or to those I love have been lost, and my heart goes out to the Hayes', the Post's, the Mathers, my own family for the loss of my mom, and last, but certainly not the least, the Russells. My heart aches for you guys and we'll see you Tuesday in Wy.

Enough of the sadness part, lets talk about the government! First off, PU-LEASE quit with this farcical 'economic stimulation package' talk. Lets really look at it shall we? BIG OIL.

It costs me 50$ to fill up my 92' Honda Accord. it costs me about a dollar each time i go anywhere... it costs more for stores to buy food because suppliers are paying trucking companies more to ship it. Food is becoming more expensive because people are growing food now for alternate fuels instead of for food.

Oil companies are posting record profits each quarter, while the nation is drowning. Funny how we're still subsidizing those companies because life is so hard for them. Any Teamsters out there? I'd love you to listen....because, and if you are my friend, then listen up....
'Gas Strikes' - not buying gas for a single day...doesnt do anything. you'll fill up before or after...so at best you'll dent the small mom and pop shops, you may even hurt the station, but probably not. The oil companies wont even notice your pitiful effort. Most of them own the gas stations and (having worked for the corp office at a major fuel company) and they dont make the money from gas anyway, they make it on the 1.50$ you throw down for a 64oz drink that costs them a whole 15cents (if that).

So, back to the teamsters.... do we want some results, pick a day...and stop those trucks from rolling....I'm pretty sure that someone would actually notice...

Yes, the Country would suffer..a lot...but guess what...the U.S.A. is in trouble...and the only organization big enough to actually make anyone pay attention would be the truckers....without you...(my salute to you!) our Country would fall on its butt...but I think it needs to happen, the sooner the better...

Well, thats it for me...talk to you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Hey! Good to see you in blogland. I hope you got the graveside information soon enough to go. I should've thought to call you or give you someone's cell number who knew what was going on.

I can't wait to meet that baby of yours...best of luck for the pending excitement.
Les.

P.S. Ditto on the political stuff.